Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Our Cabalen Plus Experience

February 25, 2020, a holiday. Yay!

Holidays really excite me as these are days when I enjoy extra days off from work, meaning, I can spend more quality time with my family. I usually plan in advance to make the most of the holidays, but I wasn't able to do so this time because I was supposed to be attending a 3-day Convention in Cebu. Unfortunately, this did not pushed through because of the NCov virus (COVID-19) threat.

So, a day before the holiday, I was already searching for ways to maximize it and to have fun with the #bahalagang. It is then that I came across the promotion of The Alley by Vikings. A new branch was opening in Ayala Malls Manila Bay and it was offering a 50% off to the 1st 100 customers! Of course, a foodie like me wouldn't let this chance pass! Hahaha.

Actually, hubby and I have already tried their BGC branch earlier this month, and we really enjoyed the experience. And now, I was hoping to share that experience with my daughters too, taking advantage of course of the 50% off promo.

So, the day finally came and we headed to Ayala Malls Manila Bay (AMMB)! But as it is the first time that we've been to AMMB, we are not yet familiar of the place. So, when the mall finally opened it doors, by the time that we reached The Alley by Vikings, the line was already very long. :( I knew then that we can no longer make it to the 1st 100 customers, but its alright with us as we were also fine with the 30% their offering for the remaining customers. But when we were advised that the restaurant can no longer accommodate all customers at the same time, and that we have to wait until some of the first batch were done eating, we decided to just eat somewhere else! (waah, sayang ang pila! lol)


After searching for more or less 30 mins, we finally decided to try Cabalen Plus. We've been to Cabalen for many occasions already but it was our first time to try  Cabalen Plus so I was a little curious to check out the difference. 









So my verdict?!

No substantial difference. The only thing that was added was the Asian Cuisine which they do not offer in their regular Cabalen restaurants.

So, what's in the Asian Cuisine? Vegetable tempura, different kind of sushi , and I think siomai and siopao which were not served during the duration of our stay. Saklap! :)

Asian Cuisine

Cabalen offers traditional Filipino dishes, and in fairness, although limited, almost all dishes they are offering are all delicious in their own ways. I especially love their lechon kawali, pancit puti and ginataang kuhol! I just hope that they will add more choices in order to catch up with what other buffet restaurants are offering.

Filipino Cuisine

Make your own Pita Station :)

Salad Station


Dessert Station

The Bahala Gang

My First Serving...


Second Serving...



Cabalen Plus is located at the Filipino Village located at the 2nd floor of the Ayala Malls Manila Bay. It just recently opened last February 6, 2020 (my birthday!). Rate for each pax is at P446.00.

PS. I really love the design concept of AMMB! Each floors have their specific specialty shops and restaurants catering to different nationalities - there is Filipino Village, the Korean, the Japanese and the Chinese. Hopefully, we'll be able to visit AMMB again and maybe by that time, all establishments are already in place! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment